Cello Drone CDs
Cello Drones for Tuning and Improvisation
- For string players, wind players, vocalists, and instrumentalists
- Develop your ear and improve your intonation
- Tune intervals, scales, arpeggios, and musical passages
- Drones on all 12 chromatic pitches to accompany major, minor, and modal scales
- Tune your instrument
- Great practice and teaching tool
- Helps build technique musically
- Background soundscape and harmonic base for improvisation
- Warm resonant sound of acoustic cello
Playing with a drone allows us to tune in relation to an ongoing reference pitch, and adds a harmonic element that can shift the way we listen. As we begin to hear the pitches of a melody in relationship with the sustained foundation tone, our sense of the qualities of the different intervals deepens. This shift of awareness will enrich all our musical collaborations.
Cello Drones for Meditation and Relaxation
As one acoustic cello tone fades into the next, your mind settles into a state ideal for meditation, creative activity, and relaxation.