New in 2020!
28 Great Melodies to Play with Drones
- Classical excerpts and folk songs
- Each selection written in 12 keys
- Develop your ear and improve your intonation playing with a sustained reference pitch
- Recognize the interval patterns of a melody independent of key
- Explore unfamiliar keys
- Play freely and in different tempos
- Each selection a melodic take-off for improvisation with a drone
- Treble, alto, and bass clef editions for all instruments
- Great practice and teaching tool
- Music-making for all skill levels
The classical excerpts and folk songs in this book are intended to be played with drone accompaniment. Adding this harmonic element to practicing allows us to tune in relation to an audible reference pitch, shifting how we listen and deepening our sense of the qualities of the different intervals. Playing with drones is good practice for playing with others.
I like playing with the drones. This is so helpful with intonation. But the most fun thing was I started playing all kinds of different songs that popped into my head, playing by ear and improvising. This is the most fun I have had with music in a very long time. Thanks for your suggestion to play rubato and in other rhythms, and to improvise. Thanks for making music come alive for me again. Sandy Sylvester, Sacramento CA
Coming Soon! Please submit contact form to receive email notification when book is available.